Thursday, September 28, 2017

No Idle Hands

I have just finished block 15 of 16 in toto. Of course that still leaves three of the borders. The original design called for eight border pieces to be attached, in theory because the act of applying distorts the fabric so it is a safeguard against the designs not fitting together. But I don't work that way and my applique tends to be undistorted (perhaps my stitches aren't pulled as tight?). I did make the first border that way so I am wedded to adding blocks to the two lower corners, but I found the instructions and the process quite confusing and frustrating even though I am very experienced at elaborate applique.When I finish all 16 I will finish adding the dogtooth sashing and then move to my own method for making and applying the borders.


No comments:

Post a Comment