Friday, September 29, 2017

Are You Angry Yet?

HHS Secretary Tom Price promises to pay back one-tenth of the taxpayer money used to shuttle him and his cohort around the world on either private jets or military aircraft and apparently thinks that's enough.

Accountants estimate Trump will accrue a $1B benefit from the tax proposal he put forth this week.

Betsy DeVos abolishes the guidelines espoused by the Obama administration about campus rape because she believes that girls are liars, sluts, and complicit in their own rapes.

Roy Moore wins the Republican primary in Alabama by blaming godlessness for everything from homosexuality to the massacre at Sand Hook elementary school. Most Republicans in government swear they don't know who he is.

Trump dog whistles that NFL owners are afraid of their players.

That's only a partial list of the outrages the current administration committed this week. You can add your own if you want.

Like Peter Finch's character in "Network" I am mad as hell but I am also helpless to make any changes. I live in Utah, a one party theocracy.

I am glad that my husband and son are not climbing in Yosemite this week. The part of El Capitan that fell is the part that contains the routes they have climbed in the past, so I guess I have blessings galore to treasure.

1 comment:

  1. I've been angry as hell since Trump received the Republican nomination for president. I live in a very red county in NC so it is such a relief to meet people who are like-minded. Thankfully, many of my Quilty friends are also like-minded. Sadly, my extended family is not....

    ReplyDelete