Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hot, Hot, Hot

All I can say is that at least I don't live in Arizona. Here in Salt Lake City we have had several days in a row of 100 plus temperatures. We set a record yesterday at 105F and it is over 100 again today with several more days of this heat predicted. I know that older people are supposed to love the heat, but my husband and I both prefer colder weather. He has been checking the weather in Edinburgh every day, telling me that it is light rain and 57 or something like that. It is so hot here that even my dogs don't want to go outside.

The other major issue is fire danger. Huge fires are burning all over Utah and other parts of the west but that doesn't stop people from setting off firecrackers. We just had the 4th of July resulting in 70 firecracker started fires, but the even bigger celebration here is the 24th of July. That's the date in history when Brigham Young supposedly looked down at the valley and said, "This is the place." Even more fireworks and parades and hoopla but it's the fireworks that are the problem. We live right by one of the local canyons with dry grass up and down the slopes and plenty of dry timber for fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment