Thursday, October 3, 2013

Could Be a Glorious Spring

Yesterday my husband dug up our failing euonymus plants, dug up our thriving Karl Foerster grasses, divided the grasses, and then planted them where the euonymus had been. He used some power tools including a Super Sawzall (saw it on Ask This Old House) to do that. Today I planted over 100 tulip bulbs and over 50 daffodil bulbs where the grass had been. The ground was already more or less dug although there were a couple of places where there hadn't been grass. My job was way easier even though I didn't use power tools. Now I just have to wait for spring. It's funny--34 years ago I planted 50 Elizabeth Arden tulips on the day my youngest son was born. I will never forget how beautiful they looked the next spring and they held so many other memories as well. That was the baby in a hurry labor and delivery. When the nurse asked my husband and me why I didn't have a wheelchair I said, "Wheelchair? I didn't even get an elevator!" I don't remember how many flights of stairs it was from the parking level but it seemed like the Empire State building.

Now all I have to do is to put out the deer repellent before everything gets chomped.

No comments:

Post a Comment