Monday, October 28, 2013

Got Around To It After All

Well with the help of my husband all of the work got finished faster than expected. He even washed the kitchen floor and we planted the peonies that arrived in our absence together. That meant I could start basting the small quilt this afternoon after I fixed the irregularity in the "light cord". I know I have the most romantic husband in the world but sometimes he earns the title of best husband, too.
I have already written that I loathe having my picture taken and this photo is an example of why. I look more or less like a garden gnome because of the odd perspective. You do get a good view of my sock monkey socks though. Usually I move the dining room table to baste since the space is bigger, or at least it has less furniture, but this quilt is small enough that I just moved the coffee table in the living room. I am getting too old to do all the basting in one session; my back would give me fits if I did that even on a quilt as small as this. This piece of batting was left over from another project which is why it looks so big for the task at hand. I like to use wool batting and I store my leftovers in sealed bins to divide for smaller projects. This one will almost certainly end up filling three smaller quilts, this one being the second, since there is a good bit left as you can see. The backing is a swirly red.

No comments:

Post a Comment