Monday, October 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I don't know how it happens but my house is always a wreck when I come home. Part of it is, of course, the cats, who don't stop shedding or shredding just because I am not there. Part of it is all of the "mail" that accumulates, only a fraction of which is worth even looking at. We always turn down the heating and cooling systems so the air filters aren't as thorough and dust coats the surfaces of everything.This time the outside suffered as well since autumn blew in while we were out. Oak leaves, maple leaves, and crabapple leaves stand knee deep in the yard waiting for their trip to the compost pile. The cat beds and blankets need washing after a week away; all the clothes that went with us to France that can be washed need sorting and cleaning. I have to go to the grocery store to restock the pantry and refrigerator.

Different kinds of piles built up as well. A couple of the students I am working with on their college admissions sent me stacks of essays to look over. Those are electronic stacks. One of the high school teachers saved her several class worth of essays for reading and scoring. Then there were the phone messages requesting help with writing.

All of that means that I won't get to my little quilt today but for sure some time this week. A storm front is coming in today so the next few days will be good for sitting inside. I am sorry to read that much of northern Europe is also having storm issues. Not even winter yet but winter storms are snarling traffic and downing trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment