Saturday, October 5, 2013

Getting Closer to the Quilting

Several posts ago I wrote that I wasn't sure if I would finish The Ties That Bind before my husband and I took off for France but I was wrong. Not only did I finish that quilt (it makes me smile to see it on our bed), but I have made huge progress on Mistletoe.
Here is the little top posing with Max. What a ham. The smudgy bottom chalk marks are because I am still deciding where and how to insert my little mouse in the scheme. Everything is just push-pinned so the fabric doesn't have any stability at this point. I don't think I will get to the point of quilting before I head off to France since I have so much to do prior to that, but I do think it will get done for this Christmas not next. I am more or less determined that the mouse goes on the left hand side as you face the quilt. The string of lights will be unplugged with the mouse standing on one end of the line as the plug points to the edge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment