Monday, September 30, 2013

The Answer to the Riddle is Mistletoe (Recipe at End)

So today I ran around like a crazy person for a while in the morning but in the afternoon I sat and sewed. Some of the sewing was construction, and some was applique, and some was more embroidery.
Here is the little top so far. Linnea Riley's striped cat was green stripes on red but I needed the red background for balance. So mine is another color nature never intended but the flavor is the same. I am not sure about the whiskers I embroidered today. I know cat's can't live without whiskers but I am not at all sure they add anything to the top. The colors are just a touch washed out. The lighter green especially fades in this camera light but you get the idea. Tomorrow I will draw out a border design of twisting Christmas lights with perhaps a mouse somewhere.

Tonight I am making homemade pasta with Italian style chicken livers. Unlike most Americans I like all kinds of organ meats.

Chicken Livers with Sage

1 pound of raw chicken livers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
5 or 6 sage leaves cut in strips (chiffonade)
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter with the olive oil in a saucepan. Turn heat up to medium high and add the chicken livers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about ten minutes turning occasionally until livers are about half done. Add the garlic and the sage and cook for about five more minutes, then add the white wine, stir, and put a lid on. Cook for five more minutes or until livers are done. You don't want them all dried out but most of the wine should be absorbed. Add more salt and pepper to taste and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment