Friday, October 11, 2013

Applique Complete

I finished the applique portion of Felix Navidad II(Mistletoe) today. That's good since I have two classes of sophomore essays to score this weekend (The Grapes of Wrath again) and then packing for the trip. I have only read one of the essays all the way through but if that one is an indication of capability it will be a long weekend. As I  wrote previously, if the prompt wants to know how sustained allusion to some other work enhances meaning, the argument in the essay must begin with meaning. Simply writing that the novel has meaning that is enhanced and then retelling the story of Moses doesn't cut it.

Anyway, I still think this is very cute. Sometimes I think I have a good idea. Then I work to produce that mental image, transfer it into cloth and stitches, then view from further away than my hands' length and realize that the idea and the design are both flat. This time, my original idea looks good (to me anyway). There is one small spot in the "wiring" for the Christmas bulbs that needs a little fix (can you find it?). Once that is fixed the top will be done.

I don't think I will layer and start quilting, but I will have a project waiting for my return.

Tonight we are having Pork Ragu, a recipe that I modified from one made by a well-known Manhattan restaurant. It's another one of those wonderful winter meals. I will add the recipe later so come back for updates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment