Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Les Quatre Saisons du Patchwork (The Four Seasons of Patchwork)

My husband and I drove to Dijon today to see some more countryside, visit a new place, eat a great meal, and as it turns out, to visit a lovely quilt shop.
Here is a photo of the small courtyard outside the front door of the shop (there is an exterior door on the street). This is me after shopping and buying but I wanted to show how pleasant the entry is with the flowers and plants.


Here I am in the shop checking out the fat eighths bundles. There is a nice selection of fabrics, many sewing aids, and a fair number of embroidery kits as well. It is fun to explore new places and new (to me) quilting shops count as some of the best new places.
This is the other end of the shop with work space and quilts.

 My selection of fat quarters--my husband picked out the first two so I was filling in the blanks from there. I was thinking of a small Winding Way with a floral border.

So if you get to Dijon, France, any time soon you should check out Les Quatre Saisons du Patchwork at 19 Rue Benigne Fremyon. It is just outside the old town center, within easy walking distance of Dijon Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment