Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Lots Of Pictures

As I have written previously, boxes of old  goods have been arriving unannounced on our porch. There are many different articles in them from old books to old kimono. The latest two boxes came a couple of days ago with a wide and wild variety of stuff including more obi, a samurai armor doll and chest, my father-in-law's Bronze Star along with the commendation, and family photographs galore ranging from long before my husband's birth to about thirty years ago. We even got a copy of my mother-in-law's most famous movie but it is in a format that we cannot access since it is film to VCA 3/4 transfer, whatever that means.

I also finished another block yesterday. I have made this block before on Denna's quilt (see 8/23/13) but I changed the vase and the colors so it looks somewhat different. Below are photos of the new block, some of the obi (the more ornate ends), and the Noh masks that I had to repair on top of a separate obi.






If anyone knows what to do with obi, other than the obvious, let me know. And if anyone knows how to get rid of the funky musty smell, please let me know as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment