Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hot, Hot Father's Day

One son took us out for dim sum because he has to work tonight; the other son is coming to dinner and his wife is going to her parents. When I heard that she was going to do that I felt very guilty since she always comes here and then takes home the leftover Kentucky Butter Cake to share with her father. Since her mother is a very bad cook, I made a cake this morning and sent it to my son via my husband so that they would have dessert after all. That made it a very active baking day as I made Danish for my husband for breakfast (I had some dough frozen from a previous baking day), made the cake, and then made a pecan pie. I guess it's like that old theory of eating celery or lettuce--you burn more calories eating them than you get from them. Of course it's hogwash, but I feel like I have been stirring butter and sugar for days rather than hours.

It is very hot here. Tomorrow is supposed to be 100F but today at 94 is plenty hot enough. And yes, it is a dry heat here in Utah but that is still hot. Luckily I am not actually quilting anything right now, just working on applique. We also have a basement that stays relatively cool and my woman cave that my husband fixed up for me has a cushy chair to applique in and I have a choice of the Sonos music system or television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment