Monday, August 1, 2016

Dreading Tomorrow

I have an appointment for what should be minor oral surgery tomorrow. For most of my life I had very boring teeth, no cavities to speak of, good gums, no problems. Then in the last fifteen years or so my bite changed and I broke a couple of teeth, had to have some crowns, and had two implants. Still pretty good teeth according to my dentist, but when I broke one of my eyeteeth a while back I broke it in an odd way. Looking back I probably should have just gone ahead and had an implant on that one but my dentist said all I needed was a crown. Since the break was so odd, the lingual (tongue) side of the gum got damaged and has been an issue ever since. Never hugely painful, never a massive infection but constant and sometimes worse than others. So I finally took the dentist's advice and I am going to the periodontist tomorrow to have oral surgery to correct  the problem for what everyone hopes is for once and forever. I don't do well with the painkillers that are usually prescribed, ending up with nausea and constipation. Luckily mouths heal quickly but I definitely am not looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment