Sunday, August 21, 2016

Supporting Youth

One of the young people I have helped had a bad sophomore year at Harvey Mudd. She is a very capable and talented young woman but has not faced emotional turmoil. A year younger than the typical sophomore, she had not had a "boyfriend" before. She thought she knew what all of that would entail but she didn't.

Anyway, she came home early from school, finished her final exams here, and stayed at home rather than working as she did last summer. I am not her parent so I don't have any control over those decisions but I  invited her to the house several times this summer. I asked her what she liked at school and it turned out that she liked painting images  on walls and sidewalks at her school. So I invited her to paint a part of my ceiling.

Everyone needs to pay attention to young people. Sometimes they need more help than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment