Saturday, July 30, 2016

Somewhat Asian

My current project is sort of Asian. The center section is various blue fabrics light to medium to dark, some of which are real Japanese fabric and some that have some Asian theme such as ginko leaves and some that are simply blue. The outer border is a brown and blue and white plaid that both my husband and I thought looked like Japanese yukata fabric although it is a reproduction of American fabric from the mid-nineteenth century.  The applique motifs on that outer border are sort of Asian--with ideas borrowed from Japanese kamons.

The center is the apple core pattern. I hand pieced it since I hate sewing curves on a sewing machine. Even with the half-speed function I always go too fast.  Although that pattern is pretty much true blue American it still looks sort of Asian to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment