Thursday, August 11, 2016

Jury Duty

My husband who is 68 just got his first ever notice for jury duty two weeks ago. He filled out the card and sent it back and got the notice to appear last Saturday. Around here the system is that you get that notice that gives you a phone number to call every night to find out if you must appear in court the next day. Well he didn't get summoned for court appearance until this morning and he is sitting on a jury right this minute. I have no idea what the case is and he seemed very unsure about how long he would be at court.

It's sort of funny because I have gotten summons to appear in every state where we have lived except South Carolina since I didn't register to vote there because we were only there for six months for a Navy school. All the rest have called me up but I have never been picked for a jury.

No comments:

Post a Comment