Friday, August 12, 2016

MRI Monday

I go in on Monday for an MRI of my head.  It's a long story but it boils down to my new doctor thinking I might have trigeminal neuralgia. I have recurring pain in my jaw, my ears. I have been to the dentist, the periodontist, the jaw dentist. I mean when your teeth hurt you go to the dentist first, right? Anyway, my previous primary care doctor retired, I got a new primary care person within the same practice and had a meet and greet with him three weeks ago.

I know nothing about trigeminal neuralgia. I really have been to all the mouth related people I could think of including my otolaryngologist since some of the pain is a very sharp stabbing pain in my ear that stops me in my track. The jaw dentist said unequivocally that I don't have TMD even though some of the symptoms are similar.

If the MRI shows what is expected, I will probably have to go back on neurontin. I took that about fifteen years ago before I had the discectomy and fusion on four vertebrae in my neck. Even that wasn't for the pain but because I was losing the use of my hands.   

No comments:

Post a Comment