Sunday, July 1, 2018

Welcome To Pennsylvania

The title of this entry is meant ironically as we have been here for nearly three months. But I had to laugh because we had to go to the store this morning. What items were on the list? Well we needed to buy mouse traps for the rodents that have been pooping in my kitchen. We had to buy ant traps for the ants that are trying to invade my kitchen. And my poor husband had to buy calamine lotion for the poison ivy he got clearing out some weeds that the previous owner had let run rampant. Now she may have let them run rampant because she knew they covered up the poison ivy but there is no way in January, when we bid on the house, that there would have been any evidence of poison ivy and there certainly wasn't any disclosure of the noxious plant nor of the rodent problem. I am not sure if ants are supposed to be disclosed.

I have never had poison ivy or poison oak though I have lived near both in multiple places. My husband is almost as sensitive to the stuff as my poor brother was who could walk across the street from the plants and break out in oozy welts. My husband is only slightly better but he suffers tremendously. I don't know if it is possible to hire someone to clear the plants out of the yard and I am not sure it would do much good since the woods around us are filled with the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment