Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Center Is Quilted

The center four blocks are completely quilted now and I am moving around from there. They look great with added details and the quilting also makes the applique really stand out. It always seems weird to me when I am quilting during the summer and sitting under a big quilt during the current weather is occasionally tough. We do have air conditioning but it doesn't keep up that well with the humidity which has been above 75%. We purchased some very cool small room dehumidifiers, and they work well but I am used to about 12% humidity, especially in the summer. Utah is so dry we had to add water to the air to keep all the furniture from cracking and splitting. Oh well, my skin feels very soft and silky here which at 68 is not a bad thing. The heat has let up a little today as well so our morning walk wasn't as tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment