Sunday, July 15, 2018

There Was A Time

There was a time that news organizations held off on criticizing the White House occupant when he was overseas. It was supposed to be bad manners and worse diplomacy. But Trump cares nothing for norms and his followers, all you Trumpettes, love him for it. So when Trump says while overseas that news organizations are enemies of the American people, it is only fair to point out that Trump is a lying, philandering, stupid, and vile sack of excrement who is deeply in debt to Russians. News organizations are not the enemies of all Americans, and the ones that Trump excoriates are among the good ones. And yes, all you Trumpettes, I do make a point of reading opposing views and I do make a point of watching at least Fox News Sunday. I even had a comment read on air on that show.

He is going to Helsinki tomorrow to meet with Vladimir Putin, to whom he owes his election. If you don't understand how that works, then you are a prisoner to social media. That's understandable since even intelligent people are prisoners to social media and Trump supporters are definitely not in that group. Inflation is up, and up quite sharply. World tensions are higher than ever but Trump thinks that's fine because American defense contractors are making more money.

I am making good progress on the quilting. It's funny that so many women have made this very same quilt, more or less, and for the last few years at least one version has won multiple prizes. But when I think of how the machine quilting was done on the quilt two years ago at Paducah, I look at my blocks and smile because I am sticking to the old fashioned style and focus.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for speaking the truth. I came out of my chair when I saw the DUMP walk in front of the queen in front of her guard. What an idiot. He is so disgusting and dangerous.
    Would love to see photos of your quilt. mary

    ReplyDelete