Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy Fourth of July

My poor coonhound will probably have a nervous breakdown before all the fireworks stop. Every night for a week there have been booms and bangs in the night. We tried giving him benadryl but it didn't help much. Last night my husband slept in the room with the dog just to make him feel safer. I know the fireworks are supposed to represent the "rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air" but this is getting very old.

I finished the third block yesterday and started on the fourth, the giant tableau of fruit. Although it is tempting to leave large pieces such as the watermelon unquilted that would mean a big blank area. I do like the quilting though I think I need to get a quilter's light. There aren't any overhead lights in this house and the table lamps are not ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment