Friday, February 17, 2017

Half Of A Quarter

I started this quilt right around the beginning of 2017. The quilt consists of 16 blocks with sashing and four elaborately appliqued borders and four corner blocks. I have completed four blocks and half of the first border.
This is the half border. Once again it looks askew simply because of the way it is pinned to the wall. I haven't done all the embroidery touches on this half but I have done the center section which in the picture is the right hand side.

Since this project will take a long time and babies get older every day (as do we all if we are lucky), I am moving from this project to the two fish quilts for the dental assistants. I have been going to the same dentist for at least a dozen years if not longer and his two assistants who had babies this past year have been cleaning my teeth for nearly that entire time, I know them well. And like most quilters, I am always looking for recipients. I don't have grandchildren so my quilts and other creative outlets other than food are like orphans.

No comments:

Post a Comment