Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Applique Moves Forward

My husband had his hand surgery yesterday. Clearly too early to tell if removing the trapezium will do the trick for him but the procedure went smoothly and quickly. The best news was that his heart stayed in sinus rhythm throughout and his blood pressure stayed low.

Our trip to NYC slowed me down and today I have a stack of essays to score, but sometime this week I will complete half, yes half, of the first border on the Baltimore Album quilt.  When I get that done, I think I will break a long standing personal rule and suspend that quilt while I make the two crib quilts for the young women in my dentist's office. Normally it makes me very antsy to have a UFO lying around but this album project is so labor intensive that getting the crib quilts done just makes sense.

And of course the president is a clown, complete with the dyed hair held aloft by miracle hair products. Ronald McDonald is jealous. Every one of Trump's minions given the privilege of speaking on his behalf lies repeatedly and forcefully, insulting the intelligence of Americans. Now we have North Korea holding ballistic missile tests and Russia testing our defenses off the east coast while also breaking a long standing prohibition against placing cruise missiles in our hemisphere. The question is not if we would have been better off with Clinton. The question is if we can survive Trump.

So if you don't want to read entries like that, go elsewhere. There are plenty of blogs with anodyne words and pictures of babies and butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment