Friday, February 17, 2017

Double Standard

Trump flew to South Carolina today after a very bad week in DC and plans to go on to Florida, his Mar al Lago resort again. The SC visit was called a campaign visit, but what campaign  there involves Trump? The Florida visit hasn't been described as yet by the White House or by anyone in Florida. Where are all the people who accused Obama of playing too much golf? Seriously, he hasn't even filled his cabinet and questions abound after his press conference yesterday so he goes on vacation to Mar al Lago for the second time in less than three weeks, when he hasn't even been POTUS for a month?

One of Trump's nominees, who turned down the job, described the opportunity as a "shit sandwich".  Thank goodness there are still salty sailors.

I started work on my first fishy quilt today. As I wrote previously, every time I do paper piecing, even if it's simple, it is as if I am trying to see the world in a fourth dimension. My first big problem was that I put the wrong new needle in the machine. I wanted a new needle because it had been a while so even though I was going to do paper piecing which destroys needles, I thought I should replace the one there. I cleaned the feed dog, dusted the bobbin holder, but the new needle was too fine for the task and kept failing. Of course this was frustrating, but I didn't even consider that the gauge was wrong until the under threads kept snarling.

But because I was having those self imposed problems I got very frustrated and actually left out a piece in the first fish. It won't matter in the end product because the directions cut all the pieces larger than life, but paper piecing always means one looks at the paper, not the product, so I didn't realize what I had done until I thought I was all done with the block. So I will have one fish that is missing one stripe on its side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment