Monday, February 6, 2017

Aargh!

I just found out that the brick and mortar side of New York City's City Quilter is gone like the wind. That isn't that surprising since NYC's rents and real estate have all been getting more expensive. But it is still a big loss. I know that quilting ebbs and flows in public understanding but still endures. I just don't want to have to wait twenty years since I probably don't have that many left, certainly not for quilting.

My husband is having an operation next Tuesday. He has arthritis in his hands that has progressively caused more pain and problems so he is having a bone in his left hand removed. Apparently this is fairly common and if he is satisfied with the results he will have his right hand done later this year. Although the human body is designed for optimal function with most of your parts intact and working,  it is always surprising what can be lost without total dysfunction. I have had two surgeries on my left thumb to repair a badly damaged (torn) ligament and both surgeries  have subsequently failed. I had the procedure redone the first time but haven't bothered the second. My middle son ripped the tendon to his left bicep so his bicep now sits unattached at one end just above his elbow joint. It looks very odd but hasn't impaired his physicality much. He is a rock climber, snow boarder, skier, and inveterate tool guy working on heavy duty projects. So I don't expect too much problem with my husband's procedure except he is always a big baby when it comes to medical stuff.

Luckily any radiogram done of my hands has shown absolutely no arthritis so that won't be in my own future.

No comments:

Post a Comment