Saturday, August 8, 2015

Opposites Attract (Updated)

My husband and I just got back from four days in San Francisco. I wanted to at least ride in a Tesla (though not drive one if it had to be in San Francisco) and my husband was keen to do so as well and he was even willing to drive in the city. Well, he liked the car and I didn't. Besides the fact that it is enormous, compared to my 3-series BMW it was like driving in a stretch limo without the luxury. Seriously, I know that they don't send out the super tricked out models for test drives but this was like being in an old '57 Bel Air including the smooth bench seat in the back. Husband is still super enthusiastic, wants me to buy it like Monday but I am not at all convinced. It will be my car after all and it just didn't appeal to me for any number of reasons. So I am going to arrange a test drive of a couple of different Lexus models.

Then husband left his wallet at TSA in Oakland. This is the second time in a row that he has left something important at TSA in Oakland. Last trip it was his cell phone. Of course it is a little harder for men since you aren't supposed to have anything in your pockets so the wallet has to go somewhere that is foreign to you in many ways. I was waiting for him past security and I called the only credit card he has to report it lost since even if the wallet is recovered who knows what has happened since he last had it. He has always sworn that he doesn't need any credit cards--he has been perfectly content having me sign for everything. I can't even say that his memory has gotten worse since we have a thirty year old photo of him wearing a T-shirt that reads "No more memory available at this time."

Update: The good news is that his wallet showed up at the checkpoint during our flight. The bad news is that we don't really know what is left in it or where it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment