Sunday, August 16, 2015

Center Section Princess Feather (Prince's Feather)/Christmas Cactus Finished

I did not take my sewing to San Francisco as I usually get too busy to get any work done, but I have been working steadily otherwise. The center section is about 46 inches square, similar in size to the feathered star quilt.

 It's easy to see that I like old-fashioned quilts more than any modern ones. So far I am abiding by my decision not to purchase any new fabric but we will see what happens when I move on to the border. I used to make Baltimore album style quilts frequently so I have many pieces in reds and greens and yellows. I also used to go way overboard in Christmas decorating so many of those fabrics have Christmas themes.

The outside border will be a lighter green background floral with a dogtooth border and some applique in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment