Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fun Table Runner

This picture shows the table runner I made for my friend's dining room table before it was completed, sort of stuck on the back of my sofa. The design is from a quilt artist in northern Utah but I cannot find the pattern. If and when I do I will provide her name. Her original runner was in bright colors on plain white with elaborate machine quilting. My friend is older with more traditional Henredon furniture so these fabrics suit her house better. When I quilted it I did an all-over free form pattern by hand with feathers and swirls without marking the fabric. It was fun to simply quilt with no lines drawn. My friend likes it so much she keeps it on the table year round but won't let anyone put any food near it.

(Update)I finally found the pattern cover for this table runner. It is from Sunflower Hill Designs, by Julie Popa. She has some very nice items on her website if you want to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment