Friday, August 30, 2013

Halfway There and Heading Home

Yesterday I passed the halfway point in quilting the wide border. Looks as though I will get this project done before I leave for France after all. My husband is going climbing this weekend, a long holiday weekend here in the US, so I will have even more time to quilt. Now I have to decide among my three options for my next project. No matter what it will be smaller than a bed size quilt. I have made three in a row now that are around queen size and I am ready for a project that takes infinite care but also gets done more quickly. I am undecided if I make a quilt with the antique oak leaf and reel  blocks, a Christmas quilt with cats again, or a wild quilt with chameleons and frogs and many insects that has been stewing in my brain.

Update 8/31--I just passed the 500 yard mark in quilting thread. That probably isn't much if one is machine quilting, but it's a decent amount for hand quilting. I estimate another 250 yards to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment