Sunday, April 9, 2017

Ironing Board

Because I use freezer paper and a hot iron to do my applique I go through a lot of ironing board covers. What irritates me is that some ironing board covers are clearly intended to be design elements not practical covers. I bought one recently with a black and white design but the design motifs melted under the heat of the iron. Luckily I wasn't ironing anything of value when I first used the cover.

So I cannot finish the top, that is complete, without purchasing a new ironing board cover. I probably purchase five times more ironing board covers than the ordinary purchaser, but the quality has gotten so poor, that I am purchasing covers two or three times a year rather than every two years.

I don't buy any dog food that isn't labeled United States. Unfortunately I cannot not buy a Chinese ironing board cover. They may be an emerging commercial power but their products are garbage. Are we stuck with garbage because capitalism demands returns without demanding quality?

I can't proceed with my Flowering Star until I purchase a new cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment