Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter

My youngest child is 37 but some Easter traditions still prevail. We still make hard boiled eggs because we like egg salad sandwiches. My son's current girlfriend, who is 32, had never had egg salad in any form before she met my son which we found completely astonishing. Once she found out that she loved it, she asked for it all the time. I should say that my son is a professional chef and the girlfriend doesn't cook.

We also make lamb for dinner. At least 30 years ago I started making a roasted leg of lamb with a garlic gravy so that shows up on our menu as well. There's usually nothing wrong with any recipe that includes: "Peel 8 to 10 garlic cloves." And since my other son's wife is the one with OCD I will be making the Kentucky Butter Cake that is way back near the beginning days of this blog (8/13), under Cake Not Quilts.

So have a very happy Easter. I hope the spirit of the day permeates everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment