Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Trio of Cuties

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know that I stopped work on my Baltimore Album project in December to make some baby quilts for the dental technicians at my dentist's office who had babies. Then as I related before, the the receptionist asked for a quilt as well.  Although none of these is without flaws, they are all darned cute.



These are in the reverse order from which I made them but you see Flowering Star, Hugs and Kisses, and Something's Fishy. I spent the morning putting away the fabrics for these three. cleaning and sweeping, then retrieving the fabrics for the Album quilt.

My husband asked me today if it made a difference what design was on the fabric if the color was right. Naturally my answer was, "It depends." It's not that I am hedging my answer but there are many factors that go in to picking the fabrics (one of my favorite parts of quilting),  and sometimes they speak to you and sometimes they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment