Monday, December 16, 2013

Coming Along

I have been working on the Froggy Went A-Courting quilt at odd moments during this busy time. I had the frog more or less complete when my husband suggested that he have a tongue out to catch something (not the giant dragonfly over his head). So I redid the mouth and made a tongue but I haven't added a bug yet. Nearly everything in this quilt will have tons of embroidery to add detail and to make the images stand out more even though in real life most flora and fauna camouflage themselves. So the frog will be different when the quilt is complete but you get the idea. Still many plants and animals to add to what is here. After that there will be a border too. The temperature hasn't risen above 25 Fahrenheit in a while so this little fantasy land is soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment