Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cold, Cold Weather

Last night the temperature fell to 8 degrees Fahrenheit. We never got the predicted seven inches of snow, more like two, but what fell stayed. The forecast indicates slightly warmer, at least into double digits, but more snow on Saturday. I don't know if that means a white Christmas but I am glad I had my furnace winter checked.

So with this cold I had to break out my mink jacket. Now this jacket is about 30 years old but still in good condition. It is a long haired mink designed by some well known designer in New York. I picked it up at a second hand store. It was stuck on a hanger with some old clothes. I took it to the owner and asked how much it was. I hadn't even tried it on at that point but it was clearly a quality product. She said, "Oh it's expensive." "How expensive?" I wanted to know. "$200." "I'll take it!" I have had it about ten years now. If I get killed in a car accident while wearing the jacket I might get misidentified since another woman's name is embroidered on the lining. Funny occurrence though--last year when we spent a weekend in NYC in December, we were walking back to our hotel when what did I see coming toward me but a young woman with a long haired mink jacket nearly identical to mine. Wonder how much she paid for hers?

No comments:

Post a Comment