Monday, December 9, 2013

Cold But Sunny

The thermometer barely rose above 15 degrees Fahrenheit today but it was very sunny. That's a good enough combination to make being outside bearable. A friend and I took a long walk with our dogs today, up into a canyon near my house and then down toward the city and then back to my house. My terrier refused to go with us--the snow between his toes makes him crazy-- but the other two dogs and the people  behind them had a good time. The humans even got a little overheated since the walk was vigorous and we wore multiple layers of clothing. There isn't that much snow but what there is will probably hang around until Christmas because it is so cold.

I will post pictures of the progress on the new quilt tomorrow. It is moving quickly so far but I am only doing the features that are in the background at this point so pretty straight forward applique. Tomorrow some of the more intricate elements will get some attention. I will probably start with the sun and the dragonfly but it might be the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment