Sunday, June 24, 2018

One Block Quilted

I started Wednesday afternoon and have completed one block, the eagle. At 3 plus days per block the center part will take approximately two months or slightly more. I did complete what I could of refinishing the wainscoting in my combined living/dining room in the new/old house and I have hung curtains in all the downstairs windows and some of the upstairs windows as well but that project is far from done.

We meet again with the architect and engineer early in July at which time they will take photos of the house and the springhouse to begin the design process. They indicated that they will make at least three different plans trying to incorporate the items we want. I guess the three are $ $$, and  $$$, but we haven't seen any numbers yet. There is one other item that I want now that I didn't know I wanted when we first met them because I didn't know it wasn't there. Although the house has central air conditioning courtesy of the previous owner, there is no vent for the air conditioning in the kitchen. That makes cooking in the heat and humidity very difficult and if you have read this blog for a while you know how much I like to cook. Even scrambled eggs for breakfast turns the room to an oven. I am pretty sure the HVAC system to bring AC into this stone-walled space will be seriously pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment