Sunday, June 10, 2018

Album Applique Done

My new/old house doesn't have a stair rail or big wall to hang quilts from so this picture is laid out on the yard outside the front door.


 While this began as the late Sue Garman's design, and is still substantially the same, there are some differences. I eliminated a couple of her blocks and added a couple of my own blocks and I changed the layout to have hearts in each of the four corners of the center blocks section. I didn't always follow her color choices and I moved the masts behind the sails so that I could stuff the sails and make them look full of wind. I added inked inscriptions and my final change will be to eliminate the final pieced border and exchange that for a shallow scalloped border, not on here yet.

2 comments:

  1. No, Anne, I don't enter shows any more. I won best of show at my very first competition and decided I didn't like the subjective nature of the event. Having been a competitive swimmer most of my life, I prefer the cold hard truth of the clock. But I chose this quilt because I knew it would take a very long time and would challenge my skills which is a main reason for my quilting endeavors anyway. I am delighted that you like it and I hope others do as well.

    ReplyDelete