Monday, June 18, 2018

A Variety of Vases

There are more than eight vases in this quilt but the eight that are on the borders exemplify the variety that the late Sue Garman put in to her designs. When I approached the task of choosing the fabrics, I wanted each vase to be unique but also to be sort of possible as a real vase in a mid-19th century United States' home. So I picked fabrics that I thought might approximate the materials used to make those vases. These pictures are cropped to focus on the vases, not on the contents of the vases. In no particular order:




My husband picked out the fabric for one of the vases and I picked out the other seven. I like all the vases but my favorite, both to look at and to make, is the fourth from the top. Please let me know what you think. Any distortion in the photo is because the fabric isn't blocked yet.

1 comment: