Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Not Done Yet

Although my husband and I signed all the papers today to finalize our side of the sale of the house and to start the final part of the purchase of the new house, the movers are still not done. Thankfully they are not paid by the hour but by the job and I suppose I am also thankful that they are wrapping and taping carefully but the nine hour job has already passed the 17 hour mark with no clear end in sight. The head of the two man crew (a few more men might have helped or at least one fast woman who didn't dither), came out to where I was sitting on the porch and said, "I am pretty sure we will be done by tomorrow afternoon." Then he added, "Thursday for sure."

The new owners are supposed to do their walk-through tomorrow morning at nine am and we are supposed to be in an entirely different state by Thursday afternoon, with a reservation already made. The walk-through will at least show that the refrigerator is sparkling clean and both ovens are sparkling clean but I don't think there is any way the floor will be sparkling clean tomorrow at nine. It's futile to wash the pathways that aren't covered by stacks of boxes or boxed up furniture and goods.

I just keep telling myself that it will end but it is pretty frustrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment