Friday, April 6, 2018

Everything Is Moving Quickly

The movers are coming on Monday, a few days earlier than expected, but not an issue for anything except what do we do between now and 4/19.

We can't move into our new house until 4/19 at the earliest. It will take us time to drive across the country and we are looking to expand that time by going to certain places we haven't seen, such as Mt. Rushmore. We are also stopping at the University of Iowa as I detailed earlier and I don't know how long that will take. Since we have to veer off I-80 to get to Philadelphia there are multiple quilting related places to visit no matter where we leave I-80.

My middle son and his wife came today to take items that we had already agreed to give them. There were several pieces of art, one large piece by artist Robert Deyber called The Oxbow Incident, that my daughter-in-law particularly likes. There are other pieces far less notable like a table my husband made of a sink cut-out from a butcher block counter that he put plumbing pipe legs on long before this 45 year old son was born.

It's strange to be leaving my sons. They are in Utah because of the decisions that their father made (trust me that it wasn't me), but they have established lives and friendships here and they are certainly old enough to take care of themselves.

By the way, my youngest son and his girlfriend will be featured in an upcoming article in Food and Wine magazine focusing on their "goat camp". I haven't talked to them about the latest episode of goat camp but I look forward to reading the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment