Friday, April 20, 2018

Not My First Time at the Rodeo

This move makes the 30th time I have moved. There were 9 moves with my parents as an Army brat and now 21 moves since 1970 married to my husband. I am definitely not complaining about any of that even though there were always sorrows and regrets involved in any move. But unfortunately I haven't gotten any smarter.

Unpacking the boxes in the kitchen today was a smack in the face. Why do I have four different sets of china? Why do I have four different kinds of rice? Where did I put the --- (fill in the blank). The new/old house already shows its character by showing me how profligate my life has been. I thought I had downsized, not only for this move but when we went from the old mansion to the bungalow. But this will be a whole new experience.

My last house had the best pantry I have ever had. Unfortunately I took full advantage of that. This house is not a Costco house--there is no place to put a dozen paper towel rolls or 24 toilet paper rolls.
Still I am happy to be here in my new/old house even surrounded by boxes that have no particular place to go. We have already seen multiple cardinal pairs and flickers and big fat squirrels.   

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at your "Costco house". That's why I don't go to Costco. I'm happy for you that your stuff arrived!
    Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete