Sunday, March 26, 2017

Who Knew?

"Well, think of it this way. The Washington Post last week had a scoop on the Secret Service requesting an additional $60 million in its next budget: $27 million to protect the president's wife and son in their three-floor penthouse at Trump Tower in New York, where they live instead of the White House, and $33 million for additional travel costs."

Who knew that it would cost so much money to protect a "billionaire"? This little paragraph doesn't  even count some of the other costs associated with having Trump in the White House that have not occurred with previous presidents. Once again I write that it is nice that Trump says he won't take a salary or will donate it to a chosen charity. Personally I believe that is only so he won't have to reveal his taxes but who knows?

Keep in mind that the health care bill that was pulled from the floor would have left Americans who take care of their relatives with Alzheimer's disease out of any chance of having their relatives in a nursing home because it would have decimated Medicaid. If you haven't had that issue in your family yet, you will. 

On an entirely different subject, I have finished the quilting of the XOXO, hugs and kisses quilt, and will begin the binding process tomorrow. That may be a record for me in completion time. Pictures will come soon. The final dentist's office quilt will be the little girl's quilt requested by the receptionist. I got some woven blue and white check for the main fabric but I certainly have more than enough fabric to finish the rest of this last smaller quilt. When I finish this last small quilt I will return to my long term project. Pictures soon of the hugs and kisses quilt.    

No comments:

Post a Comment