Thursday, March 2, 2017

Long Time Ago

I have a couple of quilting related videos online from a long time ago. A few days ago a woman commented on my reverse applique tutorial, that if I remember correctly features a cameo by one of my cats. The video is at least ten years old but this is a reminder of how electronic media lasts forever. It's not such a problem for me, unless the Trump administration decides to go after private bloggers in addition to going after every major news organizations.

But it should be a caution to anyone with teenage children. A few years ago I warned one of my tutees that the information available online about him probably wouldn't help him get in to Stanford. How did I know? I don't search these young people but Google and LinkedIn always tell me when one of my contacts posts something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment