Sunday, October 2, 2022

 Here is a picture of the original quilt from Red Wagon. I have changed a few items and plan a few more changes. One of the  changes happened because I wasn't really paying attention to the whole "refer to photo for placement" so rather than the birds going in two different directions, mine go around in a circle. That does not matter to the design, at least not to me. Later you will see some other changes but I have been running around and cooking like a mad person so I have not done any sewing yet today. 

 


One of the dishes I am making for dinner is Thomas Keller's macaroni gratin, that's mac 'n cheese to us peons. I always hated macaroni and cheese because my mother's wasn't that good and Kraft boxed style is just sort of salty. Keller's is so good that I would practically dab it behind my ears as a perfume. It isn't really hard or complicated but the mornay sauce he uses instead of a plain old white sauce with cheese takes about 45 minutes to make and then you have to push it through a sieve before you proceed to make the gratin. Other than that it's easy and still cheap but it is definitely worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment