Tuesday, October 4, 2022

 The weather has been miserable here with the lingering remnants of Hurricane Ian. We have had torrential rain and a sharp drop in temperature for the last few days. My husband invariably says, "It's a good day to stay inside," but as a hand sewer that's pretty much true of every day. In any case I made some changes to my first two rows of blocks and then sewed everything together yesterday.

Neither my husband nor I liked the pieced block from the book so I went to my typical fallback pieced block of a Mariner's Compass. This one is a smaller size from the normal compass blocks and allows for lots of color choices. I also added a new border to the upper right block to off set the framed pieced border treatment of the lower left block of the original, not shown here. The original block arrangement was just a tad too asymmetrical for me. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted the original Red Wagon design in contrast to your current project. Your choice of colors and fabrics gives it an entirely different look.
    Also, in reference to the mac and cheese recipe. I have been putting diced green chilis in my mac recipe and I find it to be a great addition. Best comfort food. I too, was raised on Kraft m & ch and I was an adult before I learned the difference.
    I find the white supremacy issue quite disturbing and hard to believe your neighborhood has so little diversity. Sorry to hear that.
    Enjoy this lovely time of year, even indoors on rainy days, it's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I liked the original pieced block, I think the Marine's Compass looks better in this position. I'm a fan of the brighter colors too.

    ReplyDelete