Thursday, May 11, 2017

One Gament Done, One to Go

I finished my husband's pants today. He won't be able to put on any weight but they are very nice. A beautiful wool with a very silky hand. He says he's going to wear them to NYC but I doubt he will be doing anything remotely requiring dress slacks. Although the Harvard Club main dining room does not allow jeans, the various other dining options do.

The next two projects, depending on my attention span, are a silk dress and the two corner blocks to "finish" the first border. The word finish is in quotes since the border has a continuous line of applique so until I finish the two side borders the corner blocks can't really be finished. It will be a step toward completion though. The silk dress is very lightweight breezy fabric in a print of pink and yellow stylized pansies. I picked out the pattern but my husband picked out the fabric.

Trump came up with approximately three different stories today about firing Comey. Apparently Rosenstein didn't appreciate being pointed out as the instigator on television and denied the first account of the firing in no uncertain terms. All of the news outlets are reporting that Trump was furious that Comey stated that he felt slightly nauseous thinking that his actions had affected the election result which Trump took to mean that Comey wanted Clinton to win.

My question is how real is any of this or is it simply another shiny distraction to keep everyone from focusing on the investigation into Russian interference in the electoral process? My other question has to do with why Trump thinks he needs to provide excuses or explanations. Firing Comey, while it may be unethical or dubious, is completely legal. All he has to say is, "I wanted to." We are in real banana republic mode now anyway so finding a logical or sensible rationale for actions is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment