Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Intense

I did finish the first applique border, allowing for the addition of the corner blocks. I embroidered most of the center vase of flowers earlier but left the twining right and left vines until I finished. Today I spent three hours just doing one half. Tomorrow I will do the other side. This is going to be a beautiful quilt but not practical.

Then there will be another brief delay to make my husband a new pair of pants. A few years ago I made a nice pair out of some beautiful wool from Britex on the remnant floor. Yes, they do have remnants that are big enough to make a pair of men's trousers. So when we went to SF the other day we had to go to Britex to look around. My husband found another large remnant of very lovely Italian wool. I used to do a whole lot more wardrobe sewing, both for myself and my husband. Now I don't do much but occasionally I make something. So for a few days I will be making welt pockets and belt loops instead of working on quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment