Sunday, July 3, 2016

Give Me A Break

Fourth of July is tomorrow. Rather than celebrating the ideas and ideals behind what happened in Philadelphia in 1776, people around here want to blow stuff up and celebrate wars and weaponry. I just saw a local  news program warning people about the dangers of even those safe fireworks that are sold locally, but they didn't say anything about how to report dangerous and illegal use. My neighbor's grandson has already been throwing exploding fireworks in everyone's yards, where no fireworks are allowed at all, but omitting his grandparents. If I call the non-emergency police line they always act bored and disinterested.

Yes, I have called the non-emergency line in the past, once for three drunk teenagers who drove their car into a local pond but were clearly not hurt, and once for a car that was abandoned in a place where cars weren't allowed. Both times the responder acted as though I were the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment