Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Another Big Name Gone

Seems as though every time I turn around some other well-known quilting entity goes out of business. First it was one of my favorite local quilting shops, then the best known shop in France, then Hancock Fabrics local stores, and now Quilters Newsletter Magazine. Does this mean that quilting is less popular? I don't think so and I certainly hope not. Not having fabric stores around is a real pain since part of the experience is feeling the fabric and those little thumbnail shots don't give a true view. Buying certain items online seems wasteful in so many ways. What if all I need is a package of quilting needles?

1 comment:

  1. I understand your concern, but I find when a couple quilt shops close near me, it isn't long before another couple new ones open up. Each owner buys differently and I think that keeps us quilters on our toes and interested in so many different things that are out there and available. I sure hope something new opens up near you soon.

    ReplyDelete