Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Valedictory Quilt Completed

Commencement is still many months away but I have finished the graduation present for my young friend. I don't even know all the struggles she went through to get to this stage but I do know she deserves a pat on the back. I hope she enjoys her quilt. Some of the various symbolic meanings in the quilt are cherries for sweet nature, laurel leaves for achievement, roses for virtue, lilies for idealism.

Unfortunately, I made the wrong assumption that an old piece of red fabric (the vases and some of the flowers and cherries) had been pre-washed since I had had it so long. As it turns out there was some minor bleeding. If anyone has a fix between now and next May, please let me know. I tried the washing sheet put out by Shout that works pretty well but it didn't do much. I am not going to obsess over it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment